August 18, 2009

New daguerreotypes are posted under IMAGE.  If you’re not familiar with what that means, click on the link to find out.

I really need to be better about this whole bloging thing.  I got a bit caught up in the swirl of life the last few days and so have been bad about updates.  Sorry all.

So the lake…

The lake was alot of fun as usual.  I had a good time terrorizing the other folks on the water on the jet ski.  I also did some more fishing.  I came out in fishing debt since I didn’t catch any fish and lost a lure in the process.  I enjoy going to the lake because I can just relax and recover there.  There is not alot to do and no pressure, and that’s fine with me.  I also helped Dad move the boat to the marina since it needs to have some work done on it.  That was a bigger chore than I thought.  Other than that, nothing happened at the lake, which is how I like it.

Thursday’s chemo went fairly well too.  It doesn’t get any easier to do.  I felt the worst that I have felt since I first began.  It is the cumulative effect of all that stuff in my system.  I didn’t throw up or anything, but I was wiped out by the time I got to the lake.  It was nice to relax and recover since I wasn’t able to do much of anything Thursday or Friday.  This might be the last chemo, but I scheduled one for September anyway.  I wanted to make sure that I am doing something while waiting for my transplant to begin.  The longer it takes to finalize a donor the more likely I will go for a 5th chemo.

A good friend came to Charlotte on Monday too.  Brian, who lived around the corner from me for most of my life, was passing through Charlotte on his way from Colorado to Boston, so we met up and had dinner.  He spent the night then got back on the road this morning.  It was good catching up with him since we have not seen each other in several years.

I also heard from Duke last week.  They are in the process of typing 6 potential donors.  Each one was already typed once, but they are retyping them to ensure they are a good match.  This is encouraging because it means that I am that much closer to beginning my transplant.  I remain excited to begin that phase of my treatment.

Today I was in court for most of the day.  The defendant in my case pled guilty.  I also went for a walk, went to the grocery store and got some fruit at the farmer’s market.  It was a busy day.  Now all I need to do is make dinner and watch TV.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s