October 11, 2010

Fipp saw I was updating my blog and said “OMG are you updating your blog?” I said “No.” But I am. I have been really busy for the last couple of weeks. First things first.

I got married on Sept. 25th. My bachelor party was at Bill Spoon’s BBQ. We then went shooting. It was a low-key affair. The ceremony was great. Fipp and I got married at the Morehead Inn. We had about 80 people there. A lot of family and friends were able to come and seeing everyone was great. Fipp and I had a great time and everyone said they had a good time too. I was glad that everyone had such a good time. After the wedding, we went to East Blvd. Bar and Grill. We sent the night at the Westin then returned to Columbia and went to the movies. We saw The Town. It was very good. Overall it was relatively suspenseful and the shootout at the end was great. I was very tired after all the festivities. It was nice to relax and recover.

I spent the last week of September recovering from the festivities. I did errands and played the guitar. By Wednesday I was feeling pretty well rested. Over the weekend, Alex and I went to see the Social Network. It’s about the founding of Facebook. It was surprisingly good. Alex and I also went to Doc’s BBQ for dinner. Their BBQ is buffet style and very good. Their fried chicken was also pretty good.

Last week was a very busy week for me. Alex’s aunt was moving out of a house in Asheville. She asked us if we were interested in looking through some of her furniture and take anything we wanted. Alex and I got a leather couch and chair, an entertainment center, some small tables, and a set of night stands. It was very generous of her to let us raid her house. I then went to Duke for a follow up appointment. It was a good appointment. The doctor said I can swim, tapered some of my meds, and I was told I can return to work after Nov. 15th. I was supposed to have a last Bone Marrow Biopsy, but Dr. Horwitz said he didn’t need to do one since I had one in April or May and had never had cancer in the bone marrow. I spent the night at Lois and John’s house and drove back to Columbia on Friday.

On Saturday Alex and I went to ESPN’s College Gameday, which was being filmed at USC because Alabama was in town. It was a lot of fun and I got on TV at least twice. After that we went to tailgate with friends. Alex and I didn’t get tickets ahead of time and we looked for scalped tickets but they were going for $100 and up. So we dint get any. But we did watch the game at a friend’s apartment overlooking the stadium. USC won. It was the biggest upset in USC history. Alabama was ranked 1 and USC was 19. USC was very dominant throughout the game. On Sunday, I spent the day recovering. Nothing exciting really happened. Today I bought some new guitar strings and restrung my guitar. We also had friends over for dinner. We made fish tacos, which everyone claimed to enjoy. I think next time, I’ll go lighter on he chipolte seasoning. I have another doctors appointment in Charlotte this week then its my birthday on Friday.


2 thoughts on “October 11, 2010

  1. Congratulations to you and Fipp!!! I am so happy that things seem to be going so well for you. We are definitely looking forward to seeing you back here at work soon! Take care.

  2. So good to hear you are keeping busy and a start work date is now in sight!
    We enjoyed your wedding and meeting assorted relatives and friends of yours. Always fun to see the blending of families.

    Happy Happy Birthday Carey – wishing you happiness and love.

    Aunt Joyce and Uncle Steve

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s